I will issuing dividends for DMT shortly. Thought it was high time I posted some updates and kept everyone up to speed with the current status of DMT and its dividends, hashpower, etc.
As many already know, DMT saw quite a few weeks of dwindling payouts. This was partially due to the price of BTC as well as the difficulty rate, but it was also partially caused by my refusal to invest upwards of 3+btc at the current BTC/USD exchange rate as well as the likely difficulty spikes thanks to new hardware from 3 manufacturers all due around 4th quarter 2015, IE NOW. I have stated my take on investing in GHS that are priced in USD while BTC is where it is as well the upcoming diff spikes. However I did decide on 2 courses of action to help buoy and possibly increase DMTs dividends in the short and long term. I will outline them below.
The first action taken was to purchase 262 GHX from @lothendriel when he had them for sale at 0.015/GHX, that increased our hashpower by 2.62THS.
The second action was to implement an investment strategy for hashnest hosted GHS that I have been using on my personal account with success. The basic idea is to do the math based on current BTC/GHS and invest in the hardware option that gives you the most "bang for your buck". I swapped out our 953ghs of S5 to 2347ghs of S4 and increased our daily income from those ghs by about 20%.
The plan going forward.
While I still feel that its not prudent to invest in USD priced GHS, I will be continue to jump between GHS options at hashnest when the #s are right. I will also be investing all of our reinvestment funds in the current best option at hashnest for the time being. Of course I can't promise anything, I have no idea what the difficulty will do. We could see a company like bitcoin brothers come through on their promise and double the network over a matter of weeks or months. What I can and will say however is that any and all investment decisions for DMT will be made with the utmost thought and planning.
A possible 3rd option would be to increase the reinvestment % to 50%, this would give us a better chance to keep up with difficulty if we are more aggressive with the investments rather than waiting for the timing to be "just right".
As usual, everyone's input is welcome and desired. @lothendriel and I may be the managers of this asset but we are not kings and do value the input of those who have put faith and trust in us.