Check out this topic.
We'll do what we can to ensure we'll replace hardware prior to day zero. B1 units will be considered for redemption, sale, replacement in the next 5 weeks. In addition the owners of GHX will obviously have a say about replacing and/or shipping hardware once we get closer to "having" to replace hardware. Always bear in mind that the farm is owned by all GHX owners and their shares / percentage in the farm held. If our members step up with concerns about the current hardware then the appropriate actions to be taken need to be discussed with "everyone" and GHteam is certainly not perfect or free of making mistakes. Nobody is.
As long as there's an eye toward the future, and there always has been with this group, I see no reason why GHX can't manage the farm effectively to avoid an obsolete equipment situation.
You can believe me when I tell you that the farm is pretty much top of my agenda on a daily basis. If it is the current performance of the farm, the next batch, the hosting agreements, alternate options / locations to host or anything else. It takes up a large part of my day, every day.
For example (and we were going to share this later or in the next days) we're currently not to...fond.. of the proposed pricing for B2 of S5's. We're still discussing this and we're still in negotiations but it looks like as if B2 (at least if we opt for S5's) might burn down to a community vote to decide if we (as a community) want to purchase this batch.... thus the delays. I'll share more info on this specific point once I had a chance to chat with the team (6 different time zones slow down things at times).