I have mentioned this elsewhere and thought it was time to get to work on one. @lothendriel and I will happily host a guide on coloredcoin.io, but first we need to write it.
Those of us that run an asset on colored coins have all had some stumbling blocks along the way. We have had to learn as we go, lets put that experience to good use and help the next person who wants to launch an asset get off on the right foot and possibly be more successful than we are, standing on the shoulders of giants and all.
Please post any thoughts you have on what to do or what not to do. I will do my best to keep this OP updated so people can see what has been added.
I will go first.
1) Make sure your asset listing on coinprism has at the very least some contact info if you intend the public to invest or even be interested.
2) If you pay dividends on your asset, create a fresh btc address for dividends only. Do this before you pay your first dividend. This will help people keep track of what payment came from who.
1. When doing crowdsales make sure the address you publish is an asset address not a BTC address. This forces people to use a color aware wallet.
2. When doing crowdsales make sure the people know who will pay the transaction fees to get the assets in their wallet. Same goes for issuing assets or just transferring assets.
3. Make sure you follow the HOWTO on coinprism when first creating an asset the steps 5 and 6 are IMPORTANT.